Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Exotic Animals, Money, Sarawak

Get lucky by throwing money at exotic turtles!

Literally "horny snapper turtle"

This one is located in a busy, musty and hot Niah restaurant, 1 hour south from Miri. There's a special section in the large restaurant for an assortment of captured exotic animals that are being displayed for the passing travelers. The notice at a tank below caught my attention:


This "Dragon King" would be an awesome addition to my Pokemon collection

Although bearing an awesome name and came all the way from a Holy Temple of I'm not sure exactly where, this Dragon King or Snapper Turtle (English name) don't look as excited as any celebrity should. I wanted to poke the thing but the whole tank is locked solid and the restaurant's toilet keeper at the back was looking at me suspiciously. He may not seem big from this angle but I can assure you he is 4 times the size of your desktop or laptop you have there. So what am I supposed to do with it? Make a wish? No problem let me throw in some cash...

WHAT A WHOPPER! This guy is making more money than I am (jobless student's income is always negative). So what you have to do is throw in some cash, make a wish and hope the King will grant it. Generally this sounds crude, but I saw some requests hand-written from an orphanage seeking money. I'm not sure if their wishes have been granted but the turtle must have some awesome telekinetic money-raking prowess to make him credible enough to earn this much. Anything goes here in Sarawak.

Alright people. Grab your cash, make a wish and throw it at the turtles below. If the cash gets stuck at the screen your wish may come true, if it flies off well, try another wish.


The Dragon King's less intimidating but happier cousins in another tank. Throw some money at them.

2 comments:

Joyce-hyc- said...

i saw brunei dollar, i think. is that B$ ?

Ham said...

yea yea i forgot to mention dat. got B$ also haha