Thursday, November 19, 2009

End of Year 3 Semester 1

...end of my semester in Miri as well as an end a comrade's life

I finished my last paper on a very solemn, gloomy and drizzling Tuesday morning. I like the weather, it reminded me of hometown. After the finals I didn't get much of the Hava Nagila mood anyways, partly because I've been through the same procedures; study, play, revise, study, exam, finish exam, celebrate, play, for the past 3.5 years. Next semester is going to be my last doing the same thing, so I do get that same feeling "here we go again" and at the same time "I'm gonna miss this" knowing I'm not gonna do all these student life thing again anytime soon.

Speaking of final semester, I broke out the exchange news to some of my comrades. after the papers. And yes those who are very close to me was expecting me to finish and graduate here in Miri. Alpha was the 26th to be so surprised (not fake, you don't have to be a marketer/PR/psychologist to tell) and asked me to stay. But after the 15th person I was adamant with my decision.

Later that evening I joined the memorial service for a fellow Curtinian brother Mathew who passed away a day before his last paper. Rest in peace comrade.

It is things like this that makes me more... apathetic of life. I guess I've seen too many deaths to show me that things have to end and there's nothing a mortal could do to bring back a life. Only to carry on with life while we still have the opportunity.

For now, let's layan some Fort Minor. Happy holidays comrades.


No comments: