Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Great Storm of Perth


I was disgruntled at the weather forecast for saying there was going to be a storm on Monday (got me all the trouble of doing laundry and use the somewhat ineffective dryer). Then as of 10am it was sunny like usual and I was "WTF?". So I carried on with extra effort to dry my laundry and other tasks. Then at 4pm on my way to campus it was cloudy again and I thought it was going to be another fake, all dark and cloudy but no rain. But as of 5pm, everything went down.


The sight was awesome! The chaos, the lightnings, the razor winds, the hail the size of golf-balls, the flooding, tree pieces flying, the blackouts, the EMP shockwaves that severed telecommunications, owh man it was like the end of the world complete with idiots screaming "OMG WE'RE GONNA DROWN!" and occasional near-naked laughing dudes running around in the heavy rain and hail storm. And I can't believed I was told to evacuate the campus (I was taking shelter in the library with hundreds others trapped) with all those lightnings and flying debris.

I thought this was normal occurrence in Perth but it is not. They said this was the worst/best(?) hail storm ever for the past 15 years.

Too bad I didn't record anything because I didn't wish to be struck by lightning while filming. All the way from campus to my house I was thinking about saving my ass and avoiding trees. I won't upload much to save bandwidth, so below are some of the links you can read to see the severity of the hail storm. Owh you might be interested to join this facebook group:

FACEBOOK: I survived the Great Storm of Perth 22/3/2010
WAtoday: Perth wakes up to a $100m clean-up after storm of the year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahha.. but I get the feeling you're enjoying yourself tho... XD