Thursday, February 22, 2007

EXPERIMENT 01: MMORPG Torture

Being an open minded person, I'd always take into account the other party's point of view. So I decided to see what's it like to be a MMORPG gamer.

I'm a hardcore gamer myself, but I never play those MMORPG shit after seeing what it have done to my comrades and have forever have a similar idea with what this guy say in Wikipedia. But I don't wanna be a frog under the coconut shell and permanently shun MMORPG, so I decided to play Silkroad Online.

DAY 1
Set up my account and started playing in the morning (after overnight downloading the client server). nice graphics and gameplay, but it sucks to be a noob seeing advance players show off in front of my character. I just command my character to l.m.f.a.o. right back at them and carried on with monster slashing until I reached LVL 5. Then get some much needed rest at 2a.m.

DAY 2
I got bored of slashing monsters outside Jang'an City of China (does it even exist?) so I went back into the city and started a business of selling stuff. While I was doing so I was invited into a guild, and I agreed. Business was pretty fast, average 23 seconds to be exact, as I manipulated the 100% discount store concept. After 2-3 rounds of trading, I got a message saying I was banned from my guild. I guess they saw me selling stuff at discounted price to other guilds, and they never got the chance to buy any of them, and thus the ban. Jealous. So anyways I returned to good old monster slaying till I reached LVL 9. Another short 5 hours rest before the next session.

DAY 3
Leveling up is BORING! But I found a new buddy after saving his rear from being whacked by a high-level monster. Then I met more buddies via funny incidents (I don't want to mention it). All my buddies are foreigners (a lot of Turks, Germans, Russians and Filipinos playing the game), learned a bunch of German language and I even got a female calling me arsch (it's German, but you know what it means). I also found out that I was surrounded by 12-14 years old players. After heavy-partying, leveling up to LVL 11, cursing, and show-offing, I decided to call it a day, or night, and get some much needed rest. And I also decided to end the experiment.

RESULTS:



UNHOLY SHEET! Yeah, this is my face after the 3 days 4 nights exposure to extreme MMORPG experience. (oh, btw I recovered after 8 hours of sleep, at 9a.m.)

CONCLUSION:
MMORPG SUCKS! I should've stuck with my ideology and shunned MMORPG permanently. Seriously, like what Blizzards executives said in South Park episode 1008 'Make Love, Not Warcraft':

"We don't have WoW accounts, we have lives"

Yeah, so do I. I got a life which is way, way, WAY better than the one in MMORPG. I might be a tech-head geek, but even I know better. I got real-life friends to impress and kill things with, a car to ride instead of a horse, branded apparels instead of shiny armors, and loads of important quests to complete. Hilfe! Hilfe! My entschuldigung arsch is being spielen! Schnell! Ah, entspannen...

1 comment:

TheLameLime said...

So that's what you've been doing!! XD!!