Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sayonarra Mafia Wars?

You ain't extorting my email address from me Zynga...
So I came back after a long day looking forward to attend to Facebookly matters. Then this shit pops up in Mafia Wars. At first I thought I was blind because I couldn't find the ever-friendly X icon to close the message. Apparently there isn't any.

Players of Mafia Wars are now required to give in their e-mail in order to play Zynga games. This is a broad daylight extortion. A short trip to their profile Discussions revealed the same thing happened to other Zynga games such as Farmville. Fuck this.

This is their disclaimer in the puny Zynga's Email Program:
When you share your email with Zynga's Mafia Wars you'll get regular messages about developments and promotions in Mafia Wars and other Zynga games. We'll also let you know when your friends in Zynga games leave you messages or ask for assistance. You'll be able to manage your preferences by visiting our Preference Management Center. Please read our Privacy Policy to learn more about how we treat personal information like email addresses.

Unlike most who quit all Zynga-based games as protest, I've decided to join the ultimatum until Friday evening for this ridiculous extortion to be removed. This is a clear violation of privacy policy offered by Facebook, so any of you who are in the same shoe please do not give in to their demands... you want my e-mail? Nah! mIm (-___-) mIm

No comments: