Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday PAC-MAN!

The world went into a standstill, as millions of people got distracted replaying an old-time classic from the 80s...

This morning I woke up all groggy and pretty much messed up after a crazy night. Then automatically my body motor systems turned up the laptop and went online, as it has been for the past 5 years. To my surprise, I was graced by a very familiar character from my childhood; パックマン (PAC-MAN)

At first I thought it was just a doodle (static creative illustration of Google's logo distorted to match the event), then suddenly the 4 colorful ghosts started moving and I automatically moved the yellow guy using my directional keys. It's the 80's and 90's all over again for me...

To commemorate the 30th birthday of NAMCO BANDAI Inc.'s epic game that's considered as one of the grandfathers of video games, Google gave surfers the chance to play a map based on GOOGLE layout. I finished it in less than 2 minutes with 1 death and gosh was I delighted to be able to re-experienced the game that was part of my innocent and simple childhood life. To play, head over to www.google.com while the event lasts.

P/S: you may notice I have 1 PAC-MAN and 1 Ms. PAC-MAN in the screenshot. To get this, simply click the "Insert Coin" button twice quickly. Player 1 will be using directional keys, while Player 2 will be using WASD keys. Enjoy!

Join I played PAC-MAN on May 21-23, 2010 on Facebook!

No comments: