Monday, November 1, 2010

Maroon 5, Taio Cruz & Linkin Park's New Album Review

Artist: Maroon 5
Album: Hands All Over
Ham's Rating:







Adam Levine and his crew are back with their 3rd studio album. This is supposed to be their last album as Levine believed Maroon 5 have reached their peak and he doesn't wish to do similar gigs when he's in his 50s [Rolling Stone (1029):16]. Although this is a sad news (and I wish there'd be another one), I personally enjoyed all their tracks and think they'd would be enough to mark the band's exit. Personal favs include Never Gonna Leave This Bed (mmm reminds one about being lazy to get up for morning classes), Misery and How.


Preview: Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave this Bed

========================================



Artist: Taio Cruz
Album: Rockstarr
Ham's Rating:







I heard him for the first time on the radio with the song Break Your Heart back in Perth. After getting his album I was hooked with Taio's musical beat and lyrics. My top favourites from his Rockstarr album are Dynamite, Dirty Picture & No Other One. Lyrics in songs like Break Your Heart really made me more optimistic about love life and reminded me on greater things; CELEBRATE MY LIFE. A good album to listen at night in your car, loud.


Preview: Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart ft. Ludacris

========================================




Artist: Linkin Park
Album: A Thousand Suns
Ham's Rating:







???. ???. ???. I first heard The Catalyst from the radio and I could barely recognize it's actually Linkin Park. Then I got the album, and my definition of Linkin Part was thrown out the window. Sadly, there's not much memorable songs from this 4th album unlike their predecessors. All I heard are just digitalized voices, outlandish un-LP techno rhythms, strange scriptural choirs and chimes. Simply put, the whole album is monotonous.

Now some LP fans will point out that the band is 'maturing', but I a fellow LP fan says that this radical shift of style sounds like unfinished, experimental songs with chao ah beng techno. Just listen to alternate studio versions of LP songs like Points of Authority and you'll know what I mean. Even the album cover is unimaginative. Expecting better results for the next album. C'mon LP you can do it!


Preview: Linkin Park - Waiting for the End

No comments: