Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Love You, Boy

If you thought I was going to discuss the trouble I had with male stalkers, well this ain't it. I was rummaging through my old drawers doing some archeology on my past because I was really effing bored. When I hit the 2000AD layer, I found some old and ancient-smelling artifacts. This is one of them:

Huh... almost forgotten about this

Awww... (blurred out the too-personal message)

Yes, females back then were very feisty. Most of them were really shameless about expressing their feelings towards someone. These girls broke the Golden Rule and initiated the first move themselves. I'm sure some of the male readers agree on this and may have experienced their own personal admirers or stalkers back in the old days. And what did I (and maybe most of us young boys) do? We ignored them because we were disgusted by such expression of emotion. YUCK! But 10 years after that we changed and yearn for female companionship thanks to our testosterone. Or not, if you find the similar sex appealing.

Anywho, we go back to the girls and their attitudes. So yes, when girls are young they express their love openly and share it with friends, making it an embarrassment for the target boy who will be ridiculed by his peers. But gradually this shameless attitude becomes silent as the girls grow older. You won't know their affection UNTIL you can take a hint of what's happening. Like from their Facebook statuses. Or from one of their friends who can't keep a secret.

I can't find specific reason for such decline. But maybe it is caused by our culture where it is expected for the male to make the first move first. Our females slowly acknowledge the said culture and wait for the guys to pop the question. Man, can you imagine how awkward it will be if the girls retain such bold attitude till adulthood? Imagine you are going out of the lecture hall and the girl kneels down in front of you offering an Xbox 360 saying "Be My Husband". What's your respond if you are a male?

WTF?!
Accepts Xbox 360
Accepts Xbox 360 & the girl's proposal
Syntax Error
WTF?!
WTF?!


I'm not gonna say 100% relationships out there started with male's initiatives. Somewhere some females did break the Golden Rule and asked the dude. I salute them, as much as I salute brave men who used up all their balls (metaphor for face, pride etc) to throw themselves into the front line with 50-50 chances of success just to ask the girl he admires to be with him. So dudes, appreciate the effort some of your admirers did to get your attention and your affection. Of course with the exception of crazed stalkers. You may be hunting in accordance of the Golden Rule, but rules can be broken and you may be the one hunted. Good hunting!

No comments: