Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry X'Mas & Happy Nuclear Power!

Freaking A haven't update in the longest time. Anywho, Merry Christmas and happy new year! Although it won't be a merry X'mas because a lot of BPL matches have been postponed due to extreme weather. So much for having a White Christmas in England.


Apart from that there's not much interesting issues that came up recently. There's the nuke thingy. The government wants to build a nuclear power plant in Sarawak (as if Bakun isn't enough to worry about) by 2021. Thankfully we have some sane politicians to sound some protest about having a potential Chernobyl in Borneo. We'll see if we can handle nukes by then ,but I myself do not wish to explain the logic of why the government is building all these seemingly unnecessary facilities to my three eyed grandchildren.

Oh and our Pehin got married again, this time discreetly to a 30s year-old Lebanese. Taib still got it for a 74 years old dude. Many may question the CM's decision of marrying someone almost half a century younger than him, but I guess it can be lonely at the top. And some may think this as a hypocritical move (government keep telling us to Belilah Barangan Buatan Malaysia but CM marries import). Looking at the trend, CM may want to avoid a longhouse of in-laws to come visit him in comparison to having foreign faraway in-laws. Anyways, congratulations Pehin.


As for the rest, well one may notice the sudden surge of developments around town. New roads. Contractors rushing to complete projects (they've just completed the Simpang 3 market. And it's Orange Yellow.) The election must be coming REALLLLLLY soon.

Erm. That's all I guess. Life in Kampua Town is really boring. Sometimes I question my decision to make Sibu my Kubu. Apart from work, nothing exciting happens besides the occasional races and karaoke sessions. Speaking of races, I finally saw African and Asian Mormon missionaries riding their bikes in town. A nice change of view besides the common white 19-20s males cycling around in their Mormon formals.

If any of you by chance are holidaying in Sibu just give me a call for any yumcha or limteh or movies. I'll be more than happy to go hang out within 24 hours after call to see people of my age range again. Number is in FB, cheerios!

No comments: