Tuesday, October 18, 2011

iOS 5 Review


Not so bad, if you overlook the glitches, bugs and battery consumption rate...

I like the new notification system. It bundles all notice from messages, missed calls etc into one place. You can simply drag the top of your iPhone screen and bring down this clean UI. They include updates on weather, apps, stocks and more. Once done you can push it up to hide it and get back to what ever you were doing.


There are some new apps which I find useless (like Videos) but Newsstand is kinda useful. It gathers all downloadable (IAP) magazines from the Store. Kinda useless on an iPhone due to it's small screen but useful for iPad users.

The last useful app addition is the Reminders. I used to rely on third party apps to remind me to buy new toothbrush, do groceries or remind myself to add things-to-do to my reminder list. A very simple and clean app. 

BTW take note of the battery consumption. 72% at 4:20pm and 65% at 5:16pm. Fast, no?

As for the rest, I'm still pissed at the Music playback issue. However there are online remedies to help you out. As for the playback I found this simple solution.

1. Plug in your device and start iTunes.
2. Under Music tab, uncheck ALL the songs manually.
3. Sync.
4. Check all the songs you wanted again.
5. Sync.

It's a quick fix, but it still messed up some songs where their album covers are missing. Looking forward to iOS 5 update 5.1

No comments: