Saturday, December 29, 2007

You're Getting Married?

Today I went to town late evening to check out the new Delta Mall not far from Muhibah on the east side of town. The place was crap because there were still ongoing constructions at every corner and only 5-7 shops on the 3 level mall were operational, and to add insult to injury it reeks of intoxicating wet paint smell, it seemed the whole mall air con was put to the coldest temperature and there was nothing purchasable. Sure there was Cindy (Sissy stuff -__- I don't even go there unless forced to), Seno (nice plasma TVs, laptops and washing machine but no thanks), uh Boulevard IT, what else, some more IT shops and yeah that's it. Honestly everyone there wanna check what's all the hubbub about but really all us patrons did was walk around see stuff and like "Oh" then went home. The opening ceremony concert was just so-so, but still okay.

I'd give it some more time to improve. For now the would be shops there are Popular and KFC as I saw their signboard at their shop lot partitions. Hopefully more good shops will come in like Burger King, Dunkin' Donut or San Francisco (dream on Ham). It's kinda small for a mall and the thing that I find uncomfortable are the escalators. They're kinda narrow probably because of the mall design and the optical illusion trick, but bottom line is whenever I use the escalators I get the feeling I can fall off to the side at any time, Final Destination style. *Splat!*

After Delta Mall I went to downtown for a fitting because I needed a new custom-made coat. The tailor, out of the blue, just asked "Are you getting married?" And I was like beyond wtf:

My stunned/blur/beyond wtf look after the tailor asked the question

LOLZ... a "Hah no, I'm still studying" reply was sheepishly given. Nuts, I used to be so pissed off a year ago when people asked what Form am I in now when I was already in university (yesh, I sometimes feel offended being dubbed still young, well that's another story). Now the incident this night was a bit of an unexpected scenario and I'm not sure what to feel. It's like trying to react upon seeing Bush and Ahmadinejad being friends and sit down together to watch Malaysia playing in the FIFA World Cup.

Come on lah a young man making new coat doesn't mean he wanna get married, especially at this kind of age. Right now I'm still a confirmed bachelor and not looking forward to tying the knot this time around (hey, doesn't mean I'm gay or anything, it's just a Libran Earth Dragon nature). Still got loads of stuff to do like taking over Sarawak, or buy a land lot on the Moon, or get a PhD first (okay maybe not PhD, at least MBA, but right after my degree), or even more important; buy a Sony Playstation 3 ^^ Careful world this Ham is mundian to bach ke wahaha.

4 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

lol, better than nothing, the music is too loud >< am looking forward for popular to open up and sell some nice reading book, sibu need one of those book shop!

I think the only one that's happy is the everrise and coffee shop around there, cos after everyone take a look on how is like, they would just move on go grocery shopping or eat something before go home again.

Ham said...

yesh popular, finally the popular cashier in oil town wont be bored seeing my membership card for discount on evything coz i can hog it on cbu lolz... wonder anything like kinokuniya will come here oso, that'll be nice ^^

it wont be long. rmmber the hubbub on parkson n medan mall? ppl flock there like no 2molo then a few days later its quieter... i rmmber how sing kwong was back when they opened in 1997 (i think), 50% of townfolks population in there then ntg... but at least sing kwong still ok till today, n yeah at least the other shops nearby are happy wif the boost of patrons

アンジェリーン said...

that what we call sibu people attitude, haha but then again it applied in anyway of the world haha if there's not much people show up in a grand opening of a mall, people in charge should really start getting hyper worry over it

Timothy said...

Wow, delta mall ei. Finally it's opened? My house somewhere near apollo area. Din know that the mall is opening. Hope when i go back sibu in Feb for cny, it'll be more meriah d with all the shops. Great to know that there'll be a popular. Tat's cool. Plus got KFC man...finally i dun have to drive all the way to town just to buy kfc. wahahahhaha....