Sunday, March 16, 2008

Another Random Sunday

I've been so busy for the past 3 weeks with assignments and campus events that I was unable to chuck in new blog posts. Heck, I forgot what I wanted to blog about when I decided to give K4L an update. And even if I do remember most of the stuff I want to touch about is basi already, such as the election and what not. Ouch.

Lookie at all the shoes belonging to the members coming over for a meeting at 3666. My rugged pair of shoes is somewhere in that orgy. Try to spot it, draw a red circle around it and send the pic back to me for a reward :)

Anyways, everything has settled down (for now) since I've settled most meetings, completed some assignment drafts and got over with some campus events. And I'm kinda happy because my Black Book tells me that I will be free-er from now until the tuition free week on the 22nd. Technically we (Curtinians of Miri Campus) should be free by 2 days earlier since the Prophet's Birthday (IF they give a day off) is on Thursday the 20th and Good Friday falls on the 21st. This leaves us with a total of 10-11 days of tuition free, enough time for almost everyone to rest after 4 weeks of studying/"studying". I'm just gonna head back to Kampua Town to defrag on that week, and if possible enjoy the new RM2.70 kampua...

Before you start thinking that there's something wrong with Ham, let me explain what this pic is all about. I ordered 2 Chicken Eggs and 1 Hotdog Special like usual from the Senadin burger stall (between Villa and Village, next to the Chinese stall) and dapao-ed the whole thing back. Then when I arrived back at 3666 I just chucked the whole thing out of the plastic bag onto my desk and the three foodstuff landed and randomly formed this phallic symbol. WTFBBQ... Oh well, don't let this incident gross you out. The burger there is not bad, and the price is ok la for Miri standard. The stall opens at 7pm++ till 3am. If you're around Senadin you can order and dapao the burger by SMSing them at 016-8844099. Don't ask me about the dude's name, I never asked for it, paiseh XD...

Talking about food and price, did you guys catch the commercial on TV saying most goods' prices will be dibundarkan? E.g. For a RM4.02 char sau mien, you will only have to pay RM4.00. Here's how the system work:

For any item that have RMXX.02 and below the the total price will be dibundarkan to RMXX.00.

For any item that have RMXX.03 and above the total price will be dibundarkan to RMXX.05. [Citations needed]

The system applies to other value apart from the 2 cents such as RM45.33 (converted into RM45.30) I suppose. I'm not sure if this pricing style applies to all goods and services, but if it does, I'd be one happy dude since I have a somewhat strict "No Coin" policy. I don't enjoy carrying around coins since they unnecessarily fattens my wallet, they jingle a lot and imagine the paisehness when some of the coins fall out of your pocket, roll away and literally force you to make a run for your money. =.=

Gonna stop here, since I'm gonna enjoy my Sunday. The song below is dedicated to you all. Enjoy your weekend :)


9 comments:

W.W.Chan said...

For your info, it's not RMxx.03 bundar to RMxx.05

If RMxx.03, it'll bundar to RMxx.00 still

It all start off with 1 decimal point only .. so say if your goods is price RMxx.30, then it'll bundar to RMxx.50

This is roughly taken from KFC in Bintang Plaza:

RM1.50 <- RM1.3,RM1.4,RM1.6,RM1.7
RM2.00 <- RM1.8,RM1.9,RM2.1,RM2.2
and so on...

Hope this explanation help you figure out what it means exactly. If still dun understand please do consult me for further explanation.

So if you bargain, make sure you bargain it below than 80sen or else u need pay more 20 sen to round up the figure.


Regards,
Jin jyanai! Gin da!!!!!
(so pls stop calling me jin.. jin.. jin..!)

Ham said...

Ah wakata... domo for the corrections. You heard him folks. If anyone else wants to add more info please do so in the post's comment. Sankiu

Sowie la, the system just came out yesterday, and plus you know how tired and hungry I was when the commercial went on air (you were there what). Many thanks again ;)

Regards,
Ham
(It's pronounced Jin la haihz, ok ok if you want it to be Gin, then Gin it is... reminds me of Katsura's/Zura's problem in Gintama XD)

W.W.Chan said...

that en't funny dued...

アンジェリーン said...

@_@ such an expensive kampua..... compare to old day of cos. Anyhow it's still 10 time better than spending berpuluh-puluh ringgit here and eat a plate of soso noodle in some random restaurant here

This is your third year is it??

アンジェリーン said...

eee.... so nice extra 1 day of holiday.... uni so bad one labour day also got class and @#$% my class is at 9am and public holiday public transport follow sunday timetable first bus is like 9 sth WTH!! stupid country! stupid uni! and this holiday is not a holiday, it's time given to finish your assignment! got 3 assignment due on 31th by 9am, holiday sucks before it even begin...

Ham said...

owh dont take heart Gin-san... cheerios :]

Ham said...

to angeline

I predict kampua will hit the RM3 mark by this year's end (kampua special anyways) but maybe not since gov lost most power after the election, pricing will be disputed by the opposition. Anyways im just gonna check whether the kampua really ost RM2.70 edi or not. So we jus wait till next week during the first tuition free week.

Wow has it been that long? Spent 1 year in foundation n now this is just my 1st year 2nd sem. 2 more years to go...

Um evything ok down under? Sounds like u having a rough sem :|

アンジェリーン said...

haiz... miss the Rm1 kampua... (meatless kampua)

@_@ ur first year second semester... which mean 2006 june u baru start ur faundation and u done the faundation last year june and go to first year first sem after that, ee... after i went through the long path, u just a semester ahead of me?? Eeeee... i always though u r doing your first year in 2006!! hmm... since when i'm so blur....


hmm... the semester is kinda short, 12 weeks semester and next semester we will be doing different subject so can't blame them for the rushing schedule, the only bad thing is i kinda feel this semester will end before i even start getting into it @_@ went to class 12 time and that's it the final. @_@ so now have been bombared with lot's of need to memorise stuff T_T gonna doom in management soon... not due to not understand but due to lack of interested and motivation to open the book haiz... am kinda behind the study for the sub, still know what the lecture talk about just haven't memorise the stuff... beside both the management lecture sucks! change class and still get a sucks one! I can literaaly write an essay of 1500 easily on how much in hate the ex-tutor i have for 2 weeks! and am s0o happy i actually go learn accoutn last holiday or am so dead in the account here, they teach account in the most weird way, theory! the hell i'll suddenly know how to do balance sheet by theory he blah for 2 hours. Lot's of people who neevr touch account struggle in acc.

Ham said...

yesh yesh, ur chronology of me study period is correct... relax dont worry n pressure too much over the sem, this will only lead to more blurriness...

uits management important, thats a core unit easy to pass easier to fail, dont screw up the projects :(

and yeah you'll start a/c theoretically, before goin on to principles and the other advance a/c (I think i mentioned this to u b4, hm..)