Monday, March 24, 2008

The Same Quaint Town :)

I went back to Kampua Town for the short tuition free week. I originally planned to go back by Friday, but I pushed it to Sunday since I had an appreciation dinner on Saturday. So on Sunday the 22nd, the prodigal son embarked on his 7 hours journey home.

Nothing biggie happened during the trip, but I kept my trusty penknife sheathed under my long sleeve just in case. In the bus I was wtfbbqed for a moment after a young boy took my seat (Seat 3, I always sit there) since his mom wants him to be in a row with his other 2 sisters next to him. Being a sporty dude I just meh-ed and sat at seat number 2 in front of him (the boy's original seat) till we reached Little Jogjakarta, Bintulu. The 3 siblings left and I waited for a few minutes to make sure those 3 are gone for good. After the short wait humming to my MP3 player and checking out leng luis at the next bus (oopsie), I decided to shift back to Seat 3 but an old lady sat there first. So I just meh-ed again, put on my earphones and continued to enjoy Paul van Dyk's album In Between. 10 minutes later shortly before departure I was abruptly pulled away from van Dyk's trance by a lady and her student daughter (how do I know she's a student? I got marketing eyes haha either that or because she was carrying luggages that only a student would lug around). I turned around and sieng-ed at the lady in Seat 3 politely and began a quick 35 seconds talk (since it's in foozhou it sounded more like a quarrel XD). In the end I got my favourite Seat 3 and enjoyed the rest of the trip back.

I knew I was home when the sky suddenly turn dark and rained. I was home. Kampua Town has that distinct weather of being hot by day and rainy by evening. And yeah, the flood is still here. Global warming's effect can be felt here. I was told it's been like this for 1 month++ and at the current rate this town will be Venice by the time it reaches city status on 08.08.08. It sure sucks to be in the low lands.

The big drain in front of my crib in Jackfruit Village at 10am with Godzilla having fun in the murky teh C peng water. Big G said there's no sweet teh C peng flavored water back in Japan, so it was a unique experience for him. The flood subsided at noon.

Basically Kampua Town is still the same as how it was when I left 5 weeks ago. After being a while in Oil Town with all the rapid developments there, I can frankly say this Kampua Town's growth is stagnant. You guys (who came back for last December's holidays) remember the new expanded road that runs in front of Metho, Playboy J's house and Sing Kwong? It still like that. Aiks XD.

Anyways I'm gonna spend the tuition free week here and MIGHT go around town to see what's new. Until then, I REALLY need to haul arse on my assignments, so stay tune.

7 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

so the road gonna stay in that annoying mode?!who's the stupid smc person who plan the road like that!! Have to waste extra few cent of oil to get to sing kwong!!

Ham said...

yesh, i wasted some few cents just to u-turn to pick my sis up when she comes back from sch -____- oh n then there's another u-turn to get to sing kwong....

Ham said...

oh n yeah it happened

kampua special is now RM3....

アンジェリーン said...

@_@ this used to be price for chao kue tiao....

Timothy said...

Hey dude, the header for ur blog. Where to get those kampua with prawn and chicken...looks special man...wud love to have a taste of tat. Anyway, hope you're doing ok man. I'm having my study week too...finals for second year coming soon. Ah...stresss!!!

Ham said...

hey Tim,

that special kampua in the new K4L banner is from the coffee shop located at the old bus terminal, near RTM. I dunno wats the name (didnt bother to look up at the signboard XD), but u'll know it when u see it.

It's a corner shop facing the old bus terminal parking lot, exactly next to Mr. Bean Cafe

Timothy said...

Haha, thanks for the info man. Hope to try out that kampua when i'm back in town. My 2nd year finals in 1 week time man...lol...shud be back in sibu in may if everything goes well...yikes...