Sunday, May 4, 2008

Korean Noodle Review

One of my h3666 homie recommended this noodle to me, so I just gave it a try this morning for breakfast. The thing is frigging large that I have to cook a packet twice (well I didn't cook it anyways, I was busy on a typical Sunday morning so I just chucked everything in a mug filled with freshly boiled hot water, broke the noodle in half first so it can fit in the mug).


The noodle comes with a large 6 x 4 inch dried noodle and actual seasoning, actual condiments and actual complimentary contents. Yes actual contents (as seen in the mug, unidentified green leafy vegetable, edible and I'm still alive to blog about it).

I can't make out what the package is saying, but food is a universal language. So upon taking out all the packets this is a seafood noodle, with cuttlefish. At first I thought it was just fake look-alikes but after the noodle was ready, I poked and tasted the cuttlefish pieces, I found out they were the real thing. Impressive. Comes in a packet of 5 (or was it 3) or so for RM9.50 (DPS Senadin price). Beats Maggi by a long shot, but can't buy them too often on a student budget. RMRMRM...

Taste:

Smell:

Quantity:

Fullness:

Price:

8 comments:

Timothy said...

Dude....rm9.50 is dam expensive ei...i used to eat these noodles too...if i'm not mistaken...rm1.50 like tat only le for one packet...you kena cheated dude..tat supermarket cekik darah...

Ham said...

lol RM9.50 not per packet la, its the whole bungkus containing 5 or so packets haha

Ham said...

on a lighter note, yeah the supermarket is cekiking our darah for 4 sems edi... bloody expensive...

アンジェリーン said...

o__O i have to say i ate way too much instant noodle ever since i leave home and have to take care everything on my own. Typical student life, use to be such an healthy person who eat less than 5 package of instant noodle in a year. Which is why i almost never cook at home muahaha not even instant noodle!!

Try that brand before, not bad. Speaking of big portion, some of the taiwan brand noodle is really satisfying, big portion and nice soup flavor. Rm9.5 for 5 package of such sound normal price for me... that's what noodle cost in this darn country, cheaper noodle is $0.25 indomee which sales like hot cake in supermarket, can get that from safeway and coles.

And that's exactly what i did when in nz whenever hostel serve me disgusting food and am not full hahaha, but ever since got kitchen i prefer cook it in the pot cos i love to add sth extra such as vegie, egg, mince etc...

Timothy said...

Actually i mean rm9.50 for the 5 packets man, haha. Btw i'm back in sibu man...for 3 weeks...if got time let's hang out together...muahahah.

Ham said...

oh rats... sorry Tim, I wont be going back to Kampua Town until my finals are over in mid June, then I hef to handle some training n thus I'll be back late June :/

Ham said...

wat other food u can get on a student budget in Oz? us here in Oil Town (we dont cook and ceteris paribus)we survive on a diet of stall food; chicken wings, burgers, roti johns etc and if got time go out of Senadin n grab some proper grub in town. And if got chance we'll raid fast food outlets in downtown.

Thus, the story a food life here in Oil Town :3

アンジェリーン said...

there's no other ways but to cook haha or rely on instant noodle, eat our = bankrupt haha, so eat out have become once in a while enjoyment, or desperate solution (esp during exam period no way i will have mood spend an hour cook and wash)