Thursday, June 3, 2010

Motivate Me: Hava Nagila

הבה נגילה ונשמחה


DISCLAIMER: Despite what the Zionists did lately, I reassure the audience that I did not bring up this song purposely to invoke any pro or anti-semitic sentiments. I would like to stress out that I split governmental/religious sentiments from culture and not one of the crowd that chants "DEATH TO ISRAEL" while deleting the Jewish menorah in the Microsoft Word clipart. I admire worldly culture and Hava Nagila happens to be one of the folk songs I love. P/S: I'll make it clear I'm okay with Jews (there are some on campus) but I don't like Zionists. Same like how I like Muslims but not Islamic Terrorists.


At the eve of the finals, I can be seen or heard humming to Hava Nagila at the end of the semesters. It's a celebration song and here it goes;


Hava nagila, hava nagila (Let's rejoice, let's rejoice)
Hava nagila venis'mecha (Let's rejioice and be happy)
Repeat


Hava neranena, hava neranena (Let's sing, let's sing)
Hava neranena venis'mecha (Let's sing and be happy)


Uru, uru achim (Awake, awake brothers)
Uru achim belev same'ach (Awake brothers with a happy heart)


Hava Nagila Guitar
Hava Nagila Epic Dance
Hava Nagila Trance (WARNING! BASS REQUIRED)




No comments: