Sunday, September 28, 2008

Masquerade Nite 2008

Also know as the Curtin's Ball, Prom Night etc. But since this year's theme is masquerade, it's called Masquerade Night of Elegance (yea, pretty long name, I wonder who spawned it XD).

The Longest Saturday this Semester...

Anyways this year's prom is no ordinary prom. It took me 2 semesters/5 months of planning, since this year's is going to be extra special. Why? Well, it's gonna be my last prom night with one of my kamcheng dude Irwin aka The Fool aka The D*** aka N00b aka ALalalala aka Oi! And then there's the JCLA orphanage visit on the same day itself which consumes most of the time that day (the Dean is coming along which makes it a 5 star top-priority event), and then there's my trip home on the next day which requires me to pack up, and then there's the need to coordinate my group member academically and/or otherwise about what to do for free week before I leave, and then there's (you get the idea)...

The Intricate Plan... and teh |=oo|_

Weeks prior to the big night, me and Irwin formed a joint venture to make the event a memorable one. Being non-Mirian dudes, and wheel-less, renting a car to get to the venue of the prom at Eastwood (halfway from where we are) sounds like a small matter. Or is it? Got a minor squabble on cost vs quality, and I was a quality type and money ain't comes second but I won in the end XD Those were just amongst a few conflict in the JV haha. Now that transportation settled, location of our dates rendezvous settled (easy just Google Earth), the next thing to do is wait for the day itself.

The Day, the Kids and the PWNage

I woke up around 7am just to get me well prepared for the 27th and 28th (going home). Sorted out and coordinated the Forties from h3666, obtained the ride, coordinated with good ol' Uncle Joseph for the transportation of the gifts to the orphanage, and then prep myself up for the last orphanage trip and finally prom continuous afterwards. Nothing fancy nothing too hot to handle. By 4.25pm me and Irwin rolled (he's following me as a volunteer for the Spread the Love Campaign closing) and to my shock the Dean called she was already there...

HoLy $#337 PWNage! And to think we invited the Dean and she arrived there way early before we did XD

The Emotions, the Farewell the Rendezvous

Owh well the Forties assembled and went to the orphanage and handed over the donation materials to the 14 lucky kids. Boy it sure was emotional moment, just ask Irwin T.T (can't explain it, must be because I've not seen a true pure innocence went all :D from receiving a donation from the pure charitable public hearts). Now that we've done our job me and Irwin got to go by 1730 hours as planned to make it to Eastwood in time before the prom starts. So we bade farewell to the kids (we'll be seeing them soon again), thanked the Dean for coming along, departed from the Forties and headed to our night.

We rendeszvoused with our partners at 1800 hours, as planned weeee. Then we headed to Eastwood and got there in time for the whole thing :D

The Mask, the Querade and the Masquerade

Ahhh... what a long day, finally can ease up a bit and what else could be better to do it than spending the evening in an elegant evening masquerade themed-prom nite. So here are some of the pics;

The stage, complete with foreign DJ at the lower left corner (excuse my 2 megapixels camera)

There's my lil' Voodoo Doll patched to my mask. He lost his hat after the prom :( but still smiling :)

Trivia: I didn't wear my glasses nor any contact lenses. Weee

The CV! gang table. Having one of those mou gaan dou moments

Tipsy XD nah didn't drink, just acting all high and tired from the day with Irwin

Ian; default

Ian; with the Queen of Samseng. Spot the difference?
QUEEN! LATER IF THE REAL IAN FLY IN FROM OZ TO BEAT THIS IAN LATER HOW?!


Poking is a traditional gesture of love and caring in CV! This shows May loving Kawaii's food. We're all about food aren't we?

More food. Here we have a Koala being spon-fed. Observe as how this delicate creature savagely accepts the human-food that is being fed to him.

Fork Union members unite! Poor Kawaii kacaued the group pic. But he provided adequate entertainment for us though :D

After 2 conferences and 3 bilateral talks, the FU member state leaders agreed to eat Kawaii anyways. Hey political leaders, dictators, tyrants and Jedi Master(?) need to eat as well ya know!

Without masks, and now I can see again wahaha note-to-self: get some contact lenses...

Owh yeah anything I touch experiences unexplainable zenith, as shown by Kawaii

Some more CV! gang members posing with the PVC

No comments: