Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jeans: Droop It Like It's Hot!

I’m not a jeans person. But the three-month semester break changed that habit when I was required to do a lot of traveling with little to no time to wash my laundry at all. The jeans’ ability to be reused over and over again for 2-4 days has made me to be fonder of it. Hence this semester you can see me wearing what was once a part of the World War I American army denim outfit a lot during study week.

So strong was my image affiliation with khakis and slacks that my buddy was skeptic about the jeans he was saving was actually mine when I called him from campus and asked him to bring in my laundry when it rained. But fear not, I will still wear slacks from time to time to keep up with my “give freedom to the children” principles. Just expect more jeans this semester than usual since it’s reduced my laundry capacity down to 45% due to their recyclable nature, something pleasant during this economic downturn period.

However after wearing the jeans more often, I realized something. This;

Yes, the jean is always drooping on one side of the leg. And I hate it, because that way I’m sweeping up the floor from home to campus and back home again, leaving a nice kamah marks at the end of the denim piece that renders the jean to be less pleasant to be used the next day. So from time to time you’ll see me pulling up my jeans to make them even again.

I know it’s a low-rider, meaning it hangs lower than the waistline to allow more air intake and reduce the ‘chokehold’ or ‘camel toe’ effect, but that does not explain why it tend to droop only at one certain leg. Logically if the jeans were to slide off down it should droop to both sides randomly due to our movement, according to chaos theory. But that theory does not apply here. At first I thought my right leg is shorter than my left, but that turned out to be a false hypothesis (stood in front of the mirror to confirm both my legs were even).

So I started asking other low-rider wearers about it, and I was surprised to find out that I was not the only one facing this enigma. Two dudes I asked said that their jeans will droop to only one leg at all times, not the other. For example my jeans droop down my right leg, while Yogi’s droop to the left and I forgot which leg Lau HS’s jeans droop. Then further observation on other jean wearers (excluding the boys who wear jeans up high above their belly/belt wearers/jeans that don’t exceed ankles/nerds) shows the same results; low-riders sag down on one leg.

For now I have no official answer to conclude as to why this phenomenon happens. I’m conducting further research and observation on it and hopefully will get to the bottom of it (pun intended). Boys, especially low-rider jeans wearers, do notify me if you face this one-leg-sag phenomenon and we’ll stand up and have a cup of tea to discuss about it while looking at each other’s one-sided-drooping jeans. And ladies, not to be a sexist or anything but I doubt any girls wear low-riders because that will go against the Public Crack Display Act 2009 (MYY).

1 comment:

アンジェリーン said...

I think it has sth to do with ur posture bah~ the way u stand and walk