Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 6: Killer Week

Week 6 was damaged me by 67.1%. I lost a lot of screws and triangles to sate all Week 6's academic and non-academic requirements, oh and the upcoming Curtin's 10th Anniversary Open Day, which is going to be big. So technically everyone who is in a commitment is stretched out and it's hard to find them when you need them nowadays. As for me I was mostly camped in campus to finalize one of my biggest solo assignment for the semester at day, and after sunset I went around meetings regarding more group projects. But luckily we got technology so slowly I limited my availability to e-mails and SMSes to keep my sanity intact, while at the same time make myself available to anyone who needed me (although I see that most peeps are so busy to the point it takes them 1-2 hours to give a feedback SMS or 1/12 day to open an e-mail and 2 days to reply them). The slow and sometimes dead Broadband line is a hindrance to students who needed to get online to finish up their assignments, and this added with the wait for team response means theres a LOT of free time to kill.

Blackjack and Bluff entertained the top floor occupants of h3666, no gambling alllowed though. This is what top-students who really wanted to do their assignements do when they have no access to the Internet. I hope the Senadin YB sees this and erect a wireless tower soon so future students living in the pathethicaly wifi-covered Senadin (not campus) don't have to resort to playing strip bluff.

30 minutes later it gets hot and topless...

And we were soon joined by the h3666 occupants from down below...

Hah the simple life of boys with no Internet access...

Then come morning it's back to camping at campus to get deConnexion which is way faster than the wifi at h3666. That's reason #7 to go campus so far, and no for those who says that I should've just go campus and go home when assisngments are done. Four sentences: Library. Closed. After. 7.pm. And not to mention the librarians who aranges the chair near 6.30pm as a closing time sign put a lot of pressure on an assignment-ridden student who cherish the >56KBps deConnexion line (After 5pm not much users so we technically owned the line). So after 6.45pm we just chowed and got out of the library looking like Korean tourists who just came back from a penguin tour in Phillips Island, Vic. Then the same cycle goes on again at nite where nothing much can be done. So hope this explains why I lost a few screws and triangles of late. Beni-ha-ha XD

No comments: