Tuesday, October 7, 2008

So Many Quests, So Much Time

After a week of freedom I must go back to the front lines to the north. As expected I did not managed to complete ALL the assignments during the free week; unstressing comes first, it's Eid month!

So I was packing up and *popped* a new stress pimple at my neck (that's how stressing it was, and I was removed from all manners of pimples and stress marks from the soothing healing weather in Kampua Town). Then I caught the 11:30pm bus on Sunday night so I can catch a 10:00am class on Monday the next day. It's another one of those grueling 7 hours night trip (Sarawak has one of the best roads in Malaysia thanks to honest government funding :D), and by the time I arrived at Oil Town at 6:45am I was dead woozy with a mediocre hang over. My cousin picked me up and sent me back to h3666, and it was business as usual.

With assignments and tasks from both academic and non-academic piling up, I had to switch over to micromanagement and tend to everything in a tit-bits manner.
The situation; 10 vital things to do & 4 major groups to manage.
The lease; two weeks.
The problem; only have two hands.
The stimulus; procrastination.

Procrastination is some kind of primordial body-response to stress (from what I've seen and experienced), so hopefully my new "My Weekend is My Weekday" program will solve the issue cold turkey. I'll use the "My Weekend is My Me Time" policy after the dust has settled. And now I better get going planning and making things happen.

p/s: As explained earlier, it's a pimple, A PIMPLE! Not a nasty love bite X(

No comments: