Monday, December 8, 2008

Murder in Jackfruit Village

Wow, in Sin Chiew daily the news about the murder in my quaint village here dominated a majority of the newpaper's content, hell it even made the landslide tragedy a small issue by the side of this murder news on the front page.

Well at first I didn't notice anything amiss because ambulance sirens blaring past my house is not unusual. Then when I found out someone was murdered I was WTF because this village is known for its passiveness, and only makes a hubbub when there are houses burning or a new 12 feet monster croc being captured and etc. I thought the financial crisis was taking its toll on the people here making them kill each other because of money-stress. But the murder involved a wife killing the hubby after she could not stand his abuse anymore. A bit like J.Lo's movie Enough. The murder was more of like self defense so I'm not sure how the wife is going to be trialed, seeing she got 7 kids and all.

No comments: