Monday, December 1, 2008

ICT Expo '08

Haha I don't know why but some kids (including yours truly) tend to feel and block the air vent of the speakers at ICT expos

I've been anticipating this expo for quite some time because ICT expos attracts me like a moth attracted to the light bulb at night. Like usual the expo was held at the warehouse-converted Sibu Trade and Exhibition Center (STEC) and ran for 3 days from 28th to 30th November 10am to 10pm. I know I won't be able to make it to the expo in KL in December so this will make do.

I went there on the last 2 days; first day for scouting and second day for purchasing. Ok la, the prices there were reasonably discounted, slashed down around RM20++. I didn't buy on the second day because I wanted to see if there were anything that interest me and the most important thing, this:

On the last day prices are sliced down even more, and even more insanely sliced on the last hours. So I went there during the zero hours and bought a few stuff I wanted; USB joystick, a new cooler and an FM modulator all under RM100 in total. Catching a retailer packing up or those that clearly wanted to go home are the best to predate on and bargain bargain bargain. Bargaining off RM1-5 is ok, but getting RM10-20 off from an already discounted hardware is satisfying :D
I wanted the green USB joystick (picture blur because it's from the joystick's box), but only 2 white models were left, so I just kebas one. Took me 20 minutes to finalize which joystick to buy, because there's 2-3 put of 10 models that interests me, siot XD

And here's my machine that is slowly turning into a mini gaming rig. It's not much but at least it's a mobile and easily-packed rig. Now that I got a chunky joystick (love things chunky, explains why I have chunky stuff XD), I can finally enjoy Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to the max since I'm used to playing it on the PS2. The only regret I have; now I sleep with blinking and lively blue, orange and lime lights from all the running hardwares. Gee, they really enjoy putting LED lights don't they?

3 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

cool ur pc there look like a mini game bar edi haha, equip with console make things nicer~ the reason i don't like pc game as much is partly due to me suck in keyboard control.

Anyway me bad in pc stuff so better no play too much game on it, nanti it die before i graduate then me mati lol, my mum will lecture me till.... haiz~

Ham said...

im constantly pursuing perf3ction out of my machines >:D

well, its ok not to experiment wif laptops n such since they're delicate machines. but for me... experiment, experiment, reboot, experiment. If screwed up, 40 minutes reformat :P

Ham said...

FYI!

I got an acrylic 3 fan cooler for RM13 (slashed from RM20) but there's this shop in Boulevard Kch selling the exact same model for RM79 (its the last shop next to Popular, selling Acers laptops n Samseng hp). FTW?! Owh and I got the biggest rip off from Boulevard IT in Saberkas Kch, selling me a RM19 USB vacuum cleaner *cough* Sri Sarjana IT *cough*. I find the exact SAME model for RM9 at the IT shop on the upper level. Sienz

I'm not buying tech stuff in Kuching anymore.