Sunday, December 7, 2008

When to Service Your Car

Most things get old. Music gets old. Clint Eastwood gets old. And so do cars. Just like us human beings that need this medication, that therapy etc etc as we grow older, our vehicles too require servicing now and then. I went to SUNLUN the other day to get several things serviced to my maturing Getz, from the dust clogged air-con filter to the defunct cigarette lighter (I don't smoke, just needed it for my FM modulator since I've stopped burning CDs). Whilst at the service center, I managed to read the When to Service Your Car notice board back in the garage. So here's a few pointer;

When to Change:
1. Oil Filter
- Change every 5000KM or 3 months

2. Fuel Filter
- Change every 10000KM or 6 months

3. Gear Oil
- Change every 20000KM or 1 year

4. Automatic Transmission Fluid Filter
- Change every 40000KM or 2 years

Radiator Treatment:
- Flush and add every 10000KM or 6 months

Wheel Alignment and Balancing:
- Align and balance every 10000KM or 6 months

Brakes:
- Clean and adjust every 10000KM or 6 months
- Chang brake fluid every 20000KM or 2 years

NOTE: The recommendation applies to whichever comes first (either the kilometer on the odometer first OR the age)

5 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

Hmm i think nowadays the car all come in a very thick manual with the page for u to keep record when to bring in ur car for regular maintance in their service center, my bro Hyundai give him that~

Ham said...

eerrrmm.... I dont really read the thick manual. I think several hundred thousands of drivers here alone dont touch the manual, i think. Mostly they just use the 3Gs; grab the car keys, get in and go.

アンジェリーン said...

hahaha, me too haha my bro love thick book maybe hahaha all his law book thick thick one~~ but it do tell u about ur car lol heh~

Ham said...

lol now now dats a hasty generalization saying law students love thick books...

アンジェリーン said...

nah i mean my bro hahaha cos his other leisure reading book also thick