Thursday, February 5, 2009

Flood is Not Kind to Vegetarians

With flood becoming a daily occurrence, vegetables is either becoming pricey or not available at all
For the past 2 days my dining table is getting less and less greener. I for one is not fond of vegetables but I'm not happy with the scenario. Sure I have issues with vegetables (but not vegans :P) but seeing the lack of greens is an alarming sign. This is actually bad news to farmers who are making a loss and vegans as well as dieters who rely on balance intake of vegetables. Restaurants are now either becoming kedekut or not serve vegetables in their menu at all since the price skyrocketed over the days. Supplies are scarce and a vegetable black market is imminent, with cheap and low quality vegetables coming in and potentially causing mass food poisoning.

Plus I used to fork out and put aside the greens in my mee goreng basah for years and so it felt like an age old honorable battle that never ended. But seeing the greens missing, it felt like kicking a disabled person who is already fallen off the wheelchair. Hopefully no one will be kicking fallen diabled person soon due to the vegetable shortage. The flood level is rising, and so is the tension... wondering when Sibuians will snap.

2 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

hmm that dish doesn't look nice to me, look a bit hmm... does it taste good?

Ham said...

i didnt eat dat thnk goodness. i ate earlier so my sis had dat for dinner. i dunno how it taste like, maybe my sis will drop a comment abt it