Thursday, February 5, 2009

Look at What I Found in My Longkang

Flood washing a variety of flora, fauna and junk onto the porch of Sibu homes

The flood have caused other fellow Sibu denizens to come out and play. Sibu crocs, turtles, snakes, loan sharks etc. rarely seen by public are now hanging out around most of Sibu homes as they try to seek refuge from the flood. Please do show some courtesy to the refugees by not beating them to death, shooting them with senapang patah or poking them with sticks, unless they start making trouble first. These fellow Sibuians are displaced and will naturally return to their homes when the flood is over.

This little fella has been around my house since the flood began. I think this is the offspring of my pet turtle that ran away 10 years ago (citations needed) when I let it loose around the compound. Anywho it could be a different turtle (forgot how the old turtle looked like, plus it should be bigger now, AND I'm no zoologist to recall all the markings to confirm it's him OR his offspring) and just let him roam around. I guess he's going through a tough time, being displaced and popping in his head everytime something comes near can be stressful.

4 comments:

Angelique d'Angoulême said...

wat r u waiting for? take it home~~~~

アンジェリーン said...

yeah take it home hahaha keep it as pet unless it protests, mu aunt used to pick up a turtle from the 'jungle' behind my house, but that fella protests by refuse to eat (rather stubborn one i shall said. Anyhow, my aunt release it back to the nature after few days worry that soon there shall be only shell left. After this incident my mum conclude turtle can live few days without food, maybe we don't have to worry that nobody feed my bro 2 turtle when we went away for 2 - 3 days

Ham said...

nah i had enough of animals in the house, plus who'd personally take care of it when im gone?

and yes they can go on for a long time without eating... heck they outlive us by 40 or 100 years

アンジェリーン said...

Economic animal too, never require us to took them to the vet~ we spend a lot of $$ on the dog! all those injection + sickness fork out a lot of $$ from our wallet~