Monday, January 28, 2008

The $#!ttiest Week Ever

It's so $#!tty I have to revert the blog post date to when the whole thing started. Then I have to revert it back because the post pops up at the location with bad feng shui. Talk about series of unfortunate events...

R.I.P. 1/3 Ham
So my assignment was due on the 28th (Mon), and as of 26th January (Sat) I was 81.3% complete. Then I decided to have a quick lunch and leave the laptop on that noon, when $#!t started to happen...
Yes, it was one of those strange 3 minutes lightning storm that struck Senadin as quickly as I got my first sip of a cold chrysanthemum tea. I didn't mind it because these kinda storm is frequent of late due to climate change, plus me and my bud can stay a while longer ordering more food while waiting the storm to clear. And when it did I went home to find all, ALL complex electronic stuff died, DIED. The modem, the router, the laptop etc. Ham 1/3rd died on the spot, knowing my 5 days of blood, sweat and tears to complete the assignment gone in vain. Even worse the assignment was part of his 1 month long experimental project for his summer course unit. Ham 1/3rd lost it, and died at approximately 13:27 26/01/08, disconnected from the outside world for good.

So from 26th to 27th the remaining 2/3 and 3/3 of Ham tried to gain back what was lost by retyping his assignment from scratch, thanks to the help of a fellow clan member Gin-san who remained at Senadin until 30th. Ham 2/3 and 3/3 completed his rushed assignment at approximately 23:15 27/01/08.

R.I.P. 2/3 Ham
28th (Mon) Submission Day. That morning the remaining 2/3 and 3/3 Ham was still celebrating the glorious accomplishment from the previous night, until the Arrow 2" blue tint spectacles malfunctioned after they tried to put it on after shower. 2/3rd Ham died on the spot at 07:12 28/01/08. Broken, and literally blur about everything, the last 3/3rd Ham carried on the fight to complete the summer course, even if it means death.


To make things a bit better, there's going to be a last test worth 40% on 30th January, which will decisively determine the outcome of Ham's performance in the summer course. And the quickest shop is in town, or in e-mart on the other side of Senadin...

R.I.P. 2.5/3 Ham
The remaining Ham used whatever life force remaining to revise and do whatever the phuck he needs to. 1/3rd Ham was vital as it was the very part of Ham that makes Ham uniquely Ham, 2/3 was his sense of self-existentialism, the last 3/3 was cukup makan for him to behave like a human being. After 5 days of no update Ham was left decimated, lost his sanity and lost 2.5/3 of him. Another 0.5 came from a remnant of 2/3 with a pair of new glasses (and that would be the last time I buy a personal item from e-mart).


Fortunately I managed to go through the last test, and now resting safely back in Kampua Town. For now I'm gonna get myself back together and enjoying the short holidays and CNY with family and friends.

No comments: