Monday, January 26, 2009

CNY 200: Year of the Ox

Gong xi fa chai to all and a happy niu year! As expected it was another rainy CNY, followed by a not so happening festive mood. It's understandable since the economic slowdown and the weather was getting in the way. Soggy RM1200 fireworks is no fun at all.

Anywho for CNY dinner was a bit more cheery, with roughly 30++ members of the familias from the Sibu region came together, in addition to a Mirian member who happened to be in town and minus a few more dozens who are outstationed. And this year, I felt awkward because I'm the only 20 year-old member of the clan since others are busy with their semesters in Egypt or Japan. So the age gap was there and I was either playing with the young ones or being bullied from the elders asking (jokingly) when I'm getting married haha. Still a long way chico, for now I'm gonna see what this turbulent (or so they say) year will bring. May the new year brings prosperity and good health to all. No worries I won't ask for ang pows, I kinda grew out of that phase already :)

No comments: