Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Problem with Astro


For the past 2 weeks I've noticed a lot, A LOT of reruns on Astro. A good example will be the movie package; Jurassic Park III, Shrek the Third, Transporter, Transformer and the likes are usual movies that shows up lately when I press that Info button to find out what's up next. The movies been played up so much, I can memorize what Donkey said when he swapped body with Puss. And then there's the marathons on Star World, from Monk to 30 Rock Marathon that took over the whole channel and left me ranting and asking "Where's The Simpsons?!"

Well anywho, can't blame anything for now since the economic slowdown is affecting everyone, and Astro I think. Plus the writers' strike is killing one of our main imports from the US; entertainment and good 6-9pm comedy TV shows.


And apart from the deja vu I'm experiencing in front of the TV, the usual Astro's Black Screen of Death with Yellow Dot is a pleasant sight considering I've never seen TV for a long time. It makes me wonder how a cloudless sky could disrupt the signal on such good programmes. It could just be the Astro receiver dish needs some cleaning from all the birds and common house lizards' droppings.

Owh while we're on Astro, has anyone noticed the small white texts popping in and out by the bottom right (your right when facing TV) of the screen? The random JIP3, RKP5 etc etc (I need to watch TV again because the text changed since I last watched TV). Anyone who has connections with the broadcasting to explain what are those random 3 texts that appears every 5 minutes or so?

No comments: