Thursday, August 27, 2009

Of Sarawak Flag, Lost Patriots & Kampua

The other day I was heading to uni when I was hailed by the security guard at the security checkpoint.
Guard: *Waves his hands to hail me to stop*
Me:
Owh nuts, did I run over someone yesterday?


Me: What's the matter boss?
Guard:
Of all the cars so far only yours bear the flag

Guard: Don't know la kids today, they don't have the mentality of appreciating what others have done for them *does a screw loose gesture* but look at this it's beautiful
Me: Yea, hard to find real patriots nowadays. Okay, boss gotta go *gives a 1Malaysia salute*


Yes, the patriots are almost non-existent today. Most just want to gtfo of this corrupted country upon graduating. Some cluelessly wave the flag while rempit-ing around town. How degraded and lost the meaning of freedom have become. It's like celebrating Christmas getting excited about Santa instead of Jesus. An appreciation event that turns into an unappreciative celebration. And I know how it feels to be unappreciated, as well as its consequences. I love this state, it is always the first home to me. It's home to kampua.

No comments: