Thursday, September 24, 2009

5 First Days of Eid

DAY 1
Woke up as early as 6:00am. Surprisingly the takbir was not on until I was showering at 6:30am. Went to the optional Eid prayers with my dad at Bandong, and meeting some elders. By 9am I visited my brother's grave in town and then headed home.

Friends of parents were amongst the pioneers, but by noon all my relatives of my mother's side from Miri came over. Dodged a few questions about my relationship (har har). Later in the evening I barricaded myself in my room to do my assignment.


DAY 2
Assignment. Later at night had a fireworks war with the whole village. Utilized fireworks ranged from the cheap RM2 6-shot flaming sticks, RM25 36-shot ground cakes and possibly RM3,000 15-minutes "big red ones". 0 casualties, 0 wounded and estimated RM159 worth of damage to properties.

DAY 3
Assignment. Dick King & Little Ron came over. Then headed to Dick King's crib to talk more crap. Assignment.

DAY 4
Assignment. Visited assignment Sibu relatives. Dodged more assignment relationship inquires, gosh I was expecting them yet still feel awkward. Assignment.

DAY 5
Assignment. Assignment.

Happy Eid to all, and assignment happy holidays :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha.... i get what u mean... its hard to miss .... i spend my 1st raya morning working on assignment due on the next day, atleast there holidays for u guys....

Ham said...

well holidays coming to an end...

how u gonna spend ur free week?