Thursday, September 3, 2009

Road Taxed

Took I was 1/2 starting up from hibernation and 1/2 digesting the info of my colleague Hartanto in Ethics class at 8aaaaaa.m. Then after 30 seconds into his explanation about the practice of tax avoidance in Singapore,t hit me. I haven't replaced my road tax sticker that has expired on the 1th September. That was another thing I listed in my to-do list besides the assignments after the seminar. Gosh I can't believe I'm paying around RM60 to the government to drive on the potholes, lumps and sinkhole-riddled roads of Senadin. Anywho here is how the capitalist road tax looks like.

Okay la, just a proof that I abide by the law. But the whole thing feels fragile though, like a washing-machined RM5.
Okay this is new, it's blue in color. It used to be green. Complete with ads of insurers and colorful kaleidoscopic logos.

Took me a good 5 minutes to peel off the older road tax sticker. And the best thing is it left some irremovable leftover glue. Took me another 5 minutes to use soap and water to clean it off my windshield, but I forgot it's irremovable. So I just slapped the new sucker on the gluey outlines (honestly easier too stick it on as no more need to estimate where to stick). Um, thanks for reminding me subliminally H.

Then I realized, it's only the 3rd of September.

No comments: