Saturday, September 5, 2009

Cuci Kereta Day

Today I'm eng enough to throw away the accumulating Derek bottles and air-out my room. It started to look and smell like mid-sem. Since it's a sunny Saturday, I decided to send my car to the wash.
Driving to e-Mart was not pleasurable due to the high quality roads. But that is where I can find one of the best car-wash in Oil Town. Good business as usual with most people taking the advantage of the hot weather to make their vehicle shine again.

Yea I know it's not as cheap as the ones back in Sibu. In Kampua Town I can get my Hyundai done at RM10 cuci luar dalam. Here it's RM15.

And while I was waiting for the Getz to get its direly-needed shower, another chap in the black V6 Nissan above sat with me at the open hot air waiting area. Apparently a CID from Brunei, we get to talk stuff to kill the time. Hey how often can you talk about underground road police cases with a Bruneian CID?

Male-to-male chat transcends age and nationality, but not slang. I guess it's been too long since I last conversed in a Bruneian Malay slang. It was like watching a conversation between a Hokkien speaking Hokkien and a Foochow speaking Foochow. In this case it was Sarawakian-Bruneian. Owhh the awkwardness and paisehness.

To all fellow Sarawakian especially Mirian friends, do polish up your slang so that we can show how courteous we are when our Neighbors are in town. Do make them feel like they are at home.

"Malu mena juak eh XD"

No comments: