Friday, September 18, 2009

Breaking Fast 10 Feet in the Air

I've broke my fast at many locations away from a proper dining table for this year's Ramadhan. Sometimes I get to break with fries while being stuck in a major Miri traffic jam. Sometimes breaking at the counter of the fast food joint while waiting for the staff to prep the food. Sometimes it's 5M away from the dining table because I arrived home late and there's no time to unlock the door etc. I adhere strictly to the rules saying one must not delay a breaking of fast.
The 27th day was a bit extreme, being stuck in a traffic I completed the whole fast breaking on the Pujut-Lutong bridge. The 28th day was the sheet. Moments before takeoff the captain announced it's time to break, and I did so while chugging down a bottle of Frost root beer during taxiing. Thanks to the Fokker's turbulence during take off, I stained my favorite white t-shirt during a transition from 0 - 500 feet in the air.

It was a unique experience, and now I have safely returned home to Kampua Town with a blood-stained t-shirt. Wish you all a jolly good holiday and Salam Eid.

1 comment:

Song-Ebilicous said...

Selamat Hari Raya brother!!!

Halalkan my makan minum ya~~~