Monday, June 1, 2009

I Have Seen Death, I Have Seen Birth

I went to Sibu Medical Center to visit my relative who had just given birth the night before. I was impressed by the service and facility there, she was taken care well if compared to government hospital (not that I've seen one, just got the hint from the family conversation). It was a healthy baby boy, unnamed yet and weighs 3.1Kg. A big baby indeed, so the mom had to undergo a cesarean.

Somehow the baby managed to enlightened me despite these tough times. He had that "hope" aura that both made me wanna cry and relighted my fighting fire. It was not boohoo-on-the-spot cry but more on crying on the inside, because I felt the guilt of allowing myself to be such an emotional wreck. He did not speak but I know he can sense my aura of overflowing disparity. Before I left, he said "do not give up!"

I smiled.

No comments: