Saturday, August 30, 2008

Curtin Carnival 2008

After 1 week gun-running around Kampua Town, I left for Oil Town at 11:30pm Friday and made landfall at 6:00am. Groggy and bearing slight headache (must've been wrong sleeping position in the bus), I went back to h3666, unpacked and straight away took the 7:15am bus to campus.

Looking for a colored version of this group pic :) I'm somewhere in the corner there

There I just started off the day prepping for the Curtin Carnival along with other crews as early as 8am, and kicked started the whole event at 10:30am till 7pm. And I was involved with the John Curtin Leadership Academy (JCLA) charity booth.This year's Carnival conincided with Youth Day, so it's Curtin Carnival & Youth Day 2008 (mouthful). The events ranged from club booths, musical performances, dances, some more foosic delights, ghost house (was planning to scare the ghosts with some CV! gang members), but RM5 was wee bit too much and we're out of coupons, tarot card reading, tattooing (authentic tats woo...) and lots more which I can't possibly cover in details due to my lazy weekend mood. More pics will be uploaded somewhere in Facebook soon.

Everyone, young and old, big and small, came to the Curtin Carnival. Owh that's JCLA member Chuma with one of the lecturer's daughter.

JCLA Project Care's Mission to Long Makabar booth

JCLA Fortissimo's Spread the Love Campaign board (with Samson showing off his guns). Forgot to take a snapshot of Fortissimo's Ball-4-Charity events XD

Monkey Tattoo Studio dude at the tattooing booth

Wonder if they had "I Love You Mom" tattoo

Follow the footsteps to meet your DESTINY! Debate club's tarot card reading and nail art foot signs on the carnival ground.

Owh owh owh! *cough* a mysterious CV! gang member handing over a rose to a girl *gasp*. A true shock and awe :D

It's a blast, and the reception was great despite the usual crazy hot-cold-hot-rain Miri weather. As for the JCLA charity booth we're handling, happy to say it was a success as well. Now, I've been working non-stop for the past 48 hours (all the way from Sibu), and I need a 12 hours deep sleep retreat. Cheerios.

p/s: yeah I know the pics are blurry. I gotta clean my hp camera lenses soon, too much grease and outdoor use I guess. Although the bright side is that the pics are upload-friendly, I'll improve the quality after this.

No comments: