Sunday, August 3, 2008

JCLA - Borneo Rainforest

The John Curtin Leadership Academy (JCLA) is a 1 year leadership academy that one has to pass and graduate in order to come out as a great leader for the future generation. 16 students were selected amongst 3,000 student on Sarawak Campus, and I was one of them. The 16 came from various schools; school of engineering, school of mass communications and school of business.

To kickstart the academy we had a 4 days 3 nights workshops (25th-28th July 2008), training and talks at the Borneo Tropical Rainforest Resort, roughly an hour drive by bus from Senadin, Miri.
And sadly since I've been through a lot of stuff for the duration K4L was not updated (10th July - 2nd August), I roughly can't recall all the activities in order, since I've already set my minds to look ever forward at future events in my academic and JCLA calender.

But what I can say is me ant my 15 other mates had great experience throughout the camp, with the help of facilitators from Oz and Boston; Ian, Jarrad, Nathan and Linda. And not to forget our own facilitators from Sarawak Campus; Mr. Terrence, Ms. Haslina and Ms. Serina.

The next few modules in JCLA will be held at various other places after the Borneo Rainforest camp. For one it is confirm my group (will be revealed later) is going to do some events in Miri, all while attending the JCLA workshops and attending our classes as usual. This is going to be one big semester ride... >:3

And no worries, I'm one of the pioneer generation Y who is able to multitask, and I will juggle the responsibilities as a student, JCLA participant and a human being accordingly. The Dean is now looking forward and have high expectations for my studies now that I'm in this big program so a couple of 8s and 7s for this semester onwards XD Again no worries, I'll find a time slot on several nights for Lan parties for us to unwind >:D

No comments: