Sunday, August 3, 2008

This is BUSYYYYYYYY!!!???@#$%^

Sorry for K4L's absence of updates for the past weeks. I've been busy with various events even before the semester started. But I managed to find a time slot on Sunday (yes I'm not spared of Sundays as well) to drop by and jot a few things :3

I kicked started the semester helping out my colleagues in SOARs for the O-Week semester 2 2008 15th July 2008 training the new SOAR advisors (brave men and women who will facilitate the new students coming into the University throughout orientation week or O-Week). After the training I volunteered myself as the head coordinator of Curtin Volunteers (CV!s,) managing the free men and women who volunteered themselves fearlessly to face the 300 new students coming in to Curtin to help SOARs and Management achieve victory in the campaign. Had a smooth command and control 89.11% of the times, and I was quite happy with the volunteers' dedication and work, with an exception of a few glitches here and there.

I coordinated the CV!s from Monday till Wednesday only, because after that I was needed elsewhere outside campus. So I officially passed my command to ABC and GT, the super seniors of CV!s left from their era who have seen more sh*t than I do. With such credibility I believed CV!s will be in good hands, so I stepped down at 1600 hours, 24th July 2008.

On the evening of 24th July I attended the launching of the John Curtin Leadership Academy (JCLA) at Mariott Hotel. A quick introduction, welcoming, certificate giving and formal dinner and then I was off for the day. Because on 25th July, me and 15 others who were selected for the JCLA will be heading off to Borneo Rainforest for a 4 days 3 nights training camp. I'll civer this in another post later.


No comments: