Sunday, August 3, 2008

That's Hot

These past few days have been mercilessly hot. It's so hot my metabolism was reduced to 30% full capability and I was not sweating anymore, I was leaking... And the worse part was having my feet BBQed, alive. I left my slippers for a wee 15 minutes outside the mosque for Friday prayer, and when I was done I slipped my feet into the melting leather slippers only to have them roasted at 45'C as I tip-toed yelping "Hot! Hot! Hot!" all the way to my friend's car 10 meters away.

I don't recall having this kind of heatwave in Oil Town for the past 2 years I'm studying here. Now I wish I can get into the student exchange program now and transfer to Perth to enjoy the cooler winter climate.

Anyways, drink a lot of water and if you're overheating you better go home, take a shower, turn on the air-conditioner and sleep under the blanket till the heatwave is over (I hope) . And keep on turning the air-con, because the gases emitted from the cooling device will help increase the global temperature so we won't feel cold anymore.

2 comments:

アンジェリーン said...

hmm.. maybe that's explain the freezing cold weather we have.... suddenly winter is back after having few nice sunny cool day....but today was okay, not too cold

Ham said...

wanna trade places for a while? Cant work well with extreme heat, brain jus wanna go home, shower, on aircon and sleep XD

Anywwho, weather cooled down edi, down to familiar Sibu chilly humidity :3