Sunday, August 17, 2008

Food Day and Night

Seriously the reason number 1 why I gain some weight over the semesters is because of the food in Oil Town. Not to bad-mouth the town, but frankly just to point out there's just too many choices here ranging from your typical kopitiam menu, to usual Western, the Kashmir delicacies and anything beyond. And another thing to consider is that the food are available almost 24 hours in this town, and food literally don't sleep, until 3am anyways where most stall operators close shop and sleep because they're still human beings. Due to my 'what-the-hell-let's-just-try-it' attitude, almost half of Miri food joints have been raided.

As opposed to what I usually have on weekdays (stuck with campus menu) here's my average weekend diet:

Morning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch
Tandoori, a few roti canai, and maybe some mamak style mee goreng can kick some ass to start the day with some South Asian delights.

At Taj, Lutong and yeah that's a new guy at the roti canai department

Evening Dinner
For me, nothing beats a good spicy bakso for dinner. If chicken soup heals the teenage tortured soul, then bakso heals my tired student soul. I can't believe I can't find one of these back in Kampua Town.

At Najua, Pujut. Bakso mee kuning sapi. Damn I just had to try the sapi bakso and I ended re-finding a new love (for bakso) because of the sapi balls. RM4.00. And no, the pic was not Photoshopped, the only thing I added was the K4L watermark

Late Evening Supper
Meh, I don't go out of Senadin at night so I usually hang out with colleagues at your ever friendly Senadin food stalls. The hub is usually the Lot 5593, although the menu disallows me to eat there, I just grab some Coke + 100 Plus and have some jokes with buddies till 11pm or so. And of course there are nearby halal stalls where I can dapao some King Burger and bring it over to finish off all the jokes about May. Owh there's TV here, and that means I can get some Olympics updates from time to time.

The open air food court between Curtin Villa- Curtin Village, Senadin. Of course I don't eat at this joint (hint hint, look at the menu LOL), I just dapao from the next joint and bring it over to 5593 to hang out with kamchengs. Why? "Because he's from Sibu" (Georgie, 2008)

4 comments:

Ham said...

One day muchachos, I'm gonna travel around the world and taste and savor all the noodles available; from Sibu's kampua to Kuching's kolok, to Vietnam's pho and Italian's genuine spaghetti P:

Kelvin said...

luckily my head doesn't have a price. If not......

Ham said...

i tot its RM2.30?

Kelvin said...

hmmm.... so cheap.... Now everyone can buy my "head" lol...... Mari Mari only RM2.30